The choices we make each and every day affect our lives and the lives of the people around us. In this unit, students explore how decisions related to fitness, nutrition, character and fair play affect their overall physical, mental, and social well-being. Through lessons and activities that reinforce positive decision making, participants gain an understanding of tools that are needed to succeed in athletics and life, and how they can Be a Superior Example in their own community. During the videoconference, students will work with museum teachers to reinforce concepts and ideas introduced in the classroom.
- Gain an overall awareness of how the decisions they make affect their physical, mental and social well-being.
- Explore real-world examples of athletes who have made responsible decisions to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Examine health issues facing their own communities and work towards ways to address those issues.
- Each lesson is designed to meet national and New York state standards for the subjects of physical education, science, and health.
- Duration: 60 minutes (can be shorter or longer)
- Grades: 3-12
- Price: $150