For over 150 years the game of baseball has created many opportunities for players from around the world. Today, the "National Pastime" is more culturally diverse than ever before. 30 percent of players on big league rosters were born outside the United States. The game also takes on unique flavors worldwide as players and fans come together at the ballpark, leaving many of their differences behind. During the videoconference, students will work with museum teachers to reinforce concepts and ideas introduced in the classroom.
- Identify different countries that have competitive baseball teams.
- Discover that players from all over the world come to the U.S. to play professional baseball.
- Understand that baseball is a sport that has multicultural appreciation.
- Recognize that the diversity of baseball makes the game stronger.
- Duration: 60 minutes (can be shorter or longer)
- Grades: 3-12
- Price: $TBD